Emergency First Aid
Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
Provide an emergency response in education and care setting meets the requirement of the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and also satisfies all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management, and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Service National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
Key Course Topics include:
- Regulations and definitions of asthma and anaphylaxis
- CPR techniques on infants, children and adults
- DRSABCD, including the trained use of a defibrillator
- Incident reporting in a child care setting
- Child Physiology
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- First Aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- Infection control procedures
- Legal responsibilities of a First Aider
- Managing shock
- And much, much more
The course includes:
HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting
9 hours face to face training inclusive of 45 min break and up to 8 hours pre-course reading and online assessment
- Student must complete pre-reading and online assessment by 11.59pm AEST the night before the course to be permitted entry to the face to face training.
- Students must have the physical ability to provide resuscitation by kneeling on the floor and performing 2 sets of two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR
- Students must be minimum of fourteen (14) years of age
First Aid Certification:
During this course, you will be educated with the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to an infant, child and adult. This includes the use of all three (3) Manikin types during the Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) session of the course to provide Emergency first aid education care.
Queensland First Aid Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 31961) so you can be assured your training is nationally recognised. Your statement of attainment will certify that you have been trained in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support, HLTAID003 Provide first aid and HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting.
Your HLTAID004 Provide an emergency response in an education and care setting certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for you to keep your certification current. By signing up to our renewals program, the staff at Australia Wide First Aid will send you a reminder detailing the date your course is due to be updated.