Course is only available to individuals who hold a current Statement of Attainment for CPR
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This course provides students with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies.
2 hours face to face training and up to 2.5 hours pre-course reading and online assessment.
- Critical Student Information & Detailed Course Overview Sheet:
The Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) course will provide students will skills and knowledge in providing CPR, managing and accessing an emergency situation, DRSABCD, use of automatic external defibrillator and first aiders legal responsibilities. All training provided is in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
- Student must complete pre-reading and successfully complete E-Learning assessment by 11.59pm AEST the night before their booked course to be permitted entry to the face to face training.
- Students are required to successfully complete a knowledge verification and language, literacy & numeracy questionnaire, prior to commencing face to face training.
- Students must have the physical ability to kneel and perform CPR on the floor uninterrupted for at least two minutes
- Upon enrolment, Students must provide a copy of their current in date Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Students must be minimum of fourteen (14) years of age
Queensland First Aid Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 31961) so you can be assured your training is nationally recognised. Upon successful completion of training and assessment you will receive a Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Safe Work Australia recommends that CPR certification be renew every 12 months.